Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023 03:16 PM
The Municipality of Leamington is currently looking to fill the following position:
- Planning Applications Supervisor (14 month contract) - Apply by October 3
Please visit our careers page at leamington.ca/careers for more information.
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023 10:31 AM
The Municipality of Leamington intends to control noxious weeds under Public Works exception of the Cosmetic Pesticides Ban for the promotion of public health and safety by spraying along all municipal rural roadsides.
The Municipality of Leamington will be using the following pesticides registered under the Pest Control Products Act (Canada):
- ClearView Herbicide (PCP Registration Number 29752) containing the active ingredients Metsulfuron-Methyl and Aminopyralid (present as potassium salt) to be...
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023 09:34 AM
In recent times, our community has been experiencing severe storm events that have highlighted the importance of preparedness and preventive measures needed to better cope with the impacts of severe storms and potential interruptions to normal services. As your local municipality, we are dedicated to the safety and well-being of our residents. Therefore, we want to take this opportunity to share information about preventing basement flooding, the common impact of severe storms, and steps you...
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2023 02:44 PM
Leamington Council will hold a public meeting on October 10, 2023, at 6:00 PM to consider a combined Official Plan Amendment (OPA) and Zoning By-law Amendment (ZBA) application.
The purpose of OPA No. 12 is to designate the entire parcel to a site-specific policy area to more accurately reflect the current and proposed uses. A site-specific policy is proposed to allow for a Youth Engagement Centre, temporary housing for youth, and residential dwelling units in accordance with the residential...
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2023 09:02 AM
At the Leamington Council meeting of Tuesday, September 12, 2023, Council:
- Held a Court of Revision under the Drainage Act and:
- Approved the Construction Assessment outlined in the Engineer’s Report dated June 22, 2023, to provide for the construction of a new culvert and culvert removal over the Lebo Creek Drain, together with By-law 59-23.
- Approved the Schedule of Assessment outlined in the Engineer’s Report dated June 12, 2023, to provide for the legalization of the relocation of the Cotterie...