Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2022 11:43 AM
At its meeting held June 28, 2022, Leamington Council appointed Heather Latam to the office of Municipal Councillor.
The Council seat was declared vacant following a formal notice of resignation submitted by former Councillor Trevor Jones as he was elected as a Member of Provincial Parliament in the recent provincial election.
Council appointed Heather Latam as the candidate with the next highest vote total not elected in the 2018 municipal election.
“We are pleased to welcome Heather to the Council...
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2022 04:06 PM
The Municipality of Leamington retained the services of RC Spencer Associates Inc. to complete the Class Environmental assessment (EA) for the relocation and upgrading for the existing sanitary sewage Pump Station No. 200 located on Robson Road at Bruce Avenue in the Municipality of Leamington. The relocation and upgrading have been evaluated due to the need for renewal for the existing pump station infrastructure....
Posted on Monday, June 27, 2022 11:16 AM
Please note the following municipal service level adjustments on Canada Day, Friday, July 1, 2022:
Leamington Municipal Building
The Leamington Municipal Building will be closed on Canada Day. Residents can continue to report non-urgent municipal issues online at leamington.ca/reportanissue.
Nature Fresh Farms Recreation Centre
The Nature Fresh Farms Recreation Centre will be closed on Friday, July 1. Visit www.leamington.ca/recreation for more information.
Garbage and Recycling Collection
Posted on Monday, June 27, 2022 10:46 AM
Leamington Council will hold an electronic Council meeting on June 28, 2022 at 6:00 PM. Council will consider:
- A Public Meeting under the Planning Act regarding Zoning By-law Amendment Application No. 252 to amend the site-specific Commercial Highway (C2-9) zoning of the property located at 279 Erie Street South to establish the use of the building as a hotel, to permit a banquet facility as an accessory use to the main hotel use and to include site-specific provisions for landscaped open space,...
Posted on Monday, June 27, 2022 08:47 AM
At its March 15, 2022 Council meeting, Leamington Council approved capital improvements to the intersections of Sherk Street and Ellison Avenue.
Project features include:
- a new traffic signal at Sherk Street and Ellison Avenue;
- updated street lighting along Ellison Avenue between the trail and Sherk Street;
- a 3.0m wide concrete sidewalk between the trail and Sherk Street;
- a PXO at the trail and Ellison Avenue crossing;
- a dedicated left turn lane on Sherk Street for northbound traffic; and
- new curb...