Posted on Wednesday, August 07, 2019 09:00 AM
At its July 23 meeting, Leamington Council voted unanimously in support of a resolution backing the construction of the new regional hospital, also known as the mega-hospital, at its proposed location on County Road 42.
The Municipality of Leamington and Erie Shores HealthCare (ESHC) want to assure Leamington residents that the construction of the new regional hospital is not a determining factor of the sustainability of ESHC (formerly known as the Leamington District Memorial Hospital).
Posted on Monday, July 29, 2019 02:00 PM
On Wednesday, July 31, 2019, the Essex County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Auxiliary Unit will be aiding Leamington residents requiring flooding assistance.
Members of the Essex County OPP Auxiliary Unit will be in attendance at the sandbag filling station located at 435 Bevel Line Road (Bayview Dog Park) to help fill and load sandbags into vehicles for those Leamington residents requiring assistance.
Date: Wednesday, July 31, 2019
Time: 5:00 PM to...
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2019 10:30 AM
At the Council meeting held on July 23, 2019, Council:
- Adopted the Engineer’s Report for the Changes in Assessment to the Silver Creek Drain, Silver Creek Drain – West Branch, Lebo Creek Drain – 7th Concession Road Branch and Lebo Creek Drain – Northwest Branch, prepared by Baird AE.
- Received a Traffic Impact Study from RC Spencer Associates Inc. regarding John Street, Erie Street North to Queens Avenue and approved John Street from Erie Street North to the Queens Avenue Parking Lot to be converted to...
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2019 10:30 AM
The Municipality of Leamington successfully launched the Reinvent This Space competition today, challenging aspiring entrepreneurs to submit their ideas for starting a business in Uptown Leamington with the chance to win free rent for a year.
Potential entrepreneurs are invited to submit a brief video pitch outlining their idea. Along with Mayor Hilda MacDonald, a panel of local business leaders will review proposals and select a shortlist of finalists. The finalists will receive in-depth...
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2019 10:15 AM
Council will consider the following reports and matters at its upcoming Council meeting to be held on Tuesday, July 23, 2019:
- A report considering a reduction to the setbacks from sensitive use areas for cannabis retail store locations
- Consider the Traffic Impact Study for John Street (from Erie Street North to Queens Avenue Parking lot) and converting John Street to a one-way westbound street
- A report regarding the contract extension of the Fire Prevention Officer
- A review of Police Services and...