Posted on Friday, June 07, 2019 08:45 AM
Council will consider the following reports and matters at its upcoming Council meeting to be held on Tuesday, June 11, 2019:
- A report regarding Leamington Communities in Bloom and its request for the appointment of a Council Member to the Committee; and
- A report regarding Leamington Municipal Heritage Advisory Committee, Community Events Participation.
To receive further information, please refer to the Municipality of Leamington Council Agenda and Minutes at www.leamington.ca
Posted on Wednesday, June 05, 2019 02:00 PM
The Municipality of Leamington is taking uptown revitalization to the next level by inviting local entrepreneurs to submit their business ideas for a chance to win a $15,000 grant to help them start their business in Uptown Leamington.
Spearheaded by Leamington’s Mayor Hilda MacDonald, Reinvent This Space challenges entrepreneurs to submit an idea for how their business would reinvent a vacant storefront in Uptown Leamington.
Along with Mayor MacDonald, a panel of local business leaders will...
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2019 02:45 PM
At the meeting held May 28, 2019, Council:
- Held a Public Meeting under the Planning Act to consider Zoning By-law Amendment (ZBA #191) Application relating to 1739 Mersea Road 1. Council approved a Temporary Use Zoning By-law Amendment permitting the temporary use of a mobile home as a dwelling during the reconstruction of the single unit detached dwelling at 1739 Mersea Road 1 for a period not to exceed one year.
- Received a presentation from Gordon Orr, CEO, Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island,...
Posted on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:45 AM
The Leamington District Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with the Municipality of Leamington, has closed the Tomato Visitor Information Booth due to the current state of the structure.
The Tomato Visitor Information Booth is operated by the Leamington District Chamber of Commerce. Upon opening for the 2019 season, it was discovered that the structure had deteriorated into a state of disrepair since its closure in the fall of 2018 to such an extent that the Chamber was concerned for the safety...
Posted on Friday, May 10, 2019 10:45 AM
Council will consider the following reports and matters at its upcoming Council meeting to be held on Tuesday, May 14, 2019:
- A public meeting with regard to the proposed closure of the westerly section of Parkdale Avenue.
- A public meeting with regard to Combined Consent and Zoning By-law Amendment Application at 2420 Hickson Road, 417 and 419 Kent Road 1.
- Presentation by United Way Centraide regarding Results of the Third Party Evaluation of the On Track to Success Program and a presentation on...