Posted on Monday, March 28, 2022 04:00 PM
At the Leamington Council meeting on March 22, 2022, Council:
- Held a Public Meeting under the Planning Act and deferred Zoning By-law Amendment Application No. 248.
- Authorized the purchase of an Electric Ice Resurfacing Machine from Zamboni Company Ltd for $189,545.88 plus HST.
- Repealed the Mandatory Mask By-law 61-20. On March 9, 2022, the Province of Ontario announced that as of March 21, 2022, masks will no longer be required in most settings, except public transit, long-term care and retirement...
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2022 03:15 PM
Transit riders still required to wear masks while using transit
At its March 22, 2022 meeting, Leamington Council repealed the Municipality’s Mask By-law to align with the recent Ontario Government announcement lifting COVID-19 masking requirements for most settings.
Effective immediately, wearing a mask is optional to enter all Leamington municipal facilities including the Leamington Municipal Building and the Nature Fresh Farms Recreation Centre.
Under the province’s remaining regulations,...
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2022 08:33 AM
Leamington Council will hold an electronic Council meeting on March 22, 2022, at 6:00 PM. Council will consider:
- A Public Meeting under the Planning Act regarding Zoning By-law Amendment Application No. 248 to amend the zoning of the property located at 29 Marlborough Street West from Residential (R2) to a site-specific Residential (R2-15) Zone to permit a multi-unit dwelling containing three units and establish site-specific provisions, as well as provide a total of 4 parking spaces.
Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2022 10:22 AM
On Monday, March 21, 2022, at approximately 11:00 AM, the Municipality of Leamington will conduct a test of the Leamington Alerts notification system.
The Leamington Alerts system enables the Municipality to provide residents and businesses with critical information quickly in a variety of emergency situations, including evacuation notices, gas leaks, boil water advisories, police activity and more.
Leamington Alert registrants and publicly listed home phone numbers in the Municipality...
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2022 08:47 AM
At the Leamington Council meeting on March 8, 2022, Council:
- Directed Administration to accept taking the necessary action to transfer ownership and responsibility of Fairview Cemetery to the Municipality of Leamington.
- Approved retaining Mark Rodger, Partner, with the law firm Borden Ladner Gervais LLP to develop a Business Case Request for Proposals Terms of Reference, complete the procurement process for the selection of the Business Case Consultant Team, and prepare those sections of the Business...