Leamington launches By-law Enforcement Bike Patrol Unit
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023 10:22 AM
To enhance community engagement and increase education about municipal by-laws, the Municipality of Leamington introduced a new By-law Enforcement Bike Patrol Unit (BPU) this week.
The BPU includes by-law enforcement officers who have been specially trained to patrol on bicycles. The BPU will increase officer visibility throughout the Municipality and assist with engaging citizens and business owners by getting by-law enforcement officers out of their vehicles and connecting with the public.
Council Matters – May 9, 2023
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023 10:18 AM
At the Leamington Council meeting held May 9, 2023, Council:
- Held a Court of Revision under the Drainage Act and:
- Confirmed the Schedule of Assessment outlined in the Addendum Assessment Schedule dated April 10, 2023, to provide for new bridges and an updated Assessment Schedule over the B & C Concession Road Drain West.
- Held a Public Meeting under the Planning Act and:
- Deferred Consent Application B-02-23 and Zoning By-law Amendment (ZBA) No. 273 to allow for further consultation with ERCA and...
Council Considers – May 9, 2023
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2023 01:58 PM
At the Leamington Council meeting of Tuesday, May 9, 2023, Council will:
- Hold a Court of Revision under the Drainage Act to consider the following matter:
- New bridges and an updated assessment schedule over the B & C Concession Road Drain West.
- Hold a Public Meeting under the Planning Act to consider the following matter:
- Consent Application to sever a 3.1 ha parcel of land from the existing vacant property located on the east side of Highway 77 and a Zoning By-law Application to rezone a portion...
Council Matters – April 18, 2023
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2023 02:30 PM
At the Leamington Council meeting held Tuesday, April 18, 2023, Council:
- Received the proposed layout for the intersection of Erie Street and Talbot Street and approved the proposed modifications to the approved functional design of Erie Street North between Talbot Street and Nelson Street.
- Delegated authority to the Clerk to approve requests for temporary outdoor extensions (temporary patios) of liquor licensed premises under Ontario regulation 746/21 under the Liquor Licence and Control Act,...
Notice of Public Meeting to consider Zoning By-law Amendment No. 274
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2023 02:28 PM
Leamington Council will hold a public meeting on May 23, 2023 at 6:00 PM to consider a municipally initiated Zoning By-law Amendment (ZBA) application.
The purpose of ZBA No. 274 is to incorporate provisions within the Zoning By-law to define, permit and regulate the use of 0.3 m reserves.
Reserves are narrow strips of land that are conveyed to a road authority for the purposes of preventing direct access to a public street from adjoining lands. Typically, these have been referred to as 1 foot or...