Posted on Monday, October 23, 2023 11:14 AM
Shared on behalf of the Ontario Provincial Police, Essex County Detachment
Essex County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) is aiming to improve public safety and further create efficiencies for drivers involved in property damage collisions with a second Collision Reporting Centre in Leamington (CRC).
The newest OPP Collision Reporting Centre in Leamington opened on Tuesday, October 17, 2023, with the same objective to provide a safer, quicker, and more convenient way for drivers to report...
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2023 09:59 AM
The Municipality of Leamington will be undertaking a current state assessment of the Big Tomato structure located at the corner of Talbot and Mill Streets. This important initiative is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, October 24, 2023.
In order to perform a comprehensive assessment of the Big Tomato's structural integrity, the Municipality will be conducting a series of activities, including:
- Interior investigation: Certain portions of the ceiling within the Big Tomato will be...
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023 04:32 PM
At the Leamington Council meeting on Tuesday, October 24, 2023, Council will:
- Hold a Court of Revision under the Drainage Act to consider a request to construct a new access bridge over the 11th Concession branch and East Ogle drain.
- Hold a Public Meeting under the Planning Act to consider the following matters:
- An application to rezone A5 properties to allow for the keeping of chicken and fowl.
- A consent application to create a surplus dwelling lot and to rezone the severed lot at 2010 Mersea Road...
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023 12:13 PM
The Leamington Uptown Business Improvement Area (BIA) Board of Management represents over 200 businesses in the BIA-defined area. The mandate of the BIA is to develop the uptown core through beautification, general improvements and upgrades, promotion, events, and marketing.
Members of the Uptown Leamington Business Improvement Area (BIA) are invited to attend the upcoming Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, November 8, 2023, at 6:00 PM. The meeting will be held at the Leamington Arts Centre, 72...
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2023 11:08 AM
At the Leamington Council meeting of Tuesday, October 10, 2023, Council:
- Held a public meeting under the Planning Act and:
- Adopted an Official Plan Amendment application (OPA) to create a special policy area over 310 Sherk Street to change the designation from Erie Street Commercial District and Residential to Residential and allow the use of the property to be for the temporary housing for youth and residential.
- Approved a Zoning By-law Amendment (ZBA) to amend the property located at 310 Sherk...