Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2021 02:00 PM
Administrative teams from both the Municipality of Chatham-Kent and the Municipality of Leamington met yesterday to explore the ways in which they could team up for the benefit of residents in both Wheatley and Leamington. Municipal officials from both communities will work together to contact various Leamington residents who live within a one kilometre radius of the site of the August 26 explosion in Wheatley. Leamington Fire Services staff will be going door-to-door over the course of...
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2021 03:28 PM
Leamington Council will hold an electronic Council meeting on September 14, 2021 at 6:00 PM to consider the following reports:
- A Public Meeting under the Planning Act regarding Zoning By-law Amendment Application No. 229 to change the zoning of the property located at 1129 Highway 77 from Agricultural Hobby Farm Zone to Agricultural Restricted Zone.
- Appointing Rood Engineering Inc. to provide a new report under Section 78 of the Drainage Act to improve the B&C Concession Rd. Drain West and...
Posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2021 03:20 PM
Online and phone-in registration for select programming and amenities at the Nature Fresh Farms Recreation Centre (NFFRC) will be open on September 7 at 9:00 AM with programming set to begin September 8.
Please refer to online schedules for specific details on September offerings at leamington.ca/recreation.
Vaccination/Rapid Test Requirements and Safety Precautions in Place
The Municipality has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination/rapid test policy to help protect the health and...
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2021 01:27 PM
The Municipality of Leamington is looking forward to welcoming members and guests back to the Nature Fresh Farms Recreation Centre (NFFRC) on Wednesday, September 8, 2021, with a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination/rapid test policy in place.
Beginning September 8, 2021, the Municipality will require individuals, 12 years of age and older, to confirm full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test result within 12 hours in order to gain access to the facility.
The Municipality will also require that every...
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2021 10:49 AM
At the Council meeting on August 24, 2021, Council:
- Held a Court of Revision under the Drainage Act regarding the New Access Culvert over the Driedger Drain.
- Held a Public Meeting under the Planning Act and approved a Plan of Condominium Application by 1933878 Ontario Inc., to create 117 condominium units and common areas at 30 Seacliff Drive East.
- Held a Public Meeting under the Planning Act and approved Zoning By-law Amendment application No. 234 to rezone the property at 30 Seacliff Drive...