Council Considers – January 31, 2023
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2023 11:08 AM
At the Leamington Council meeting of Tuesday, January 31, 2023, Council will:
- Hold a Court of Revision under the Drainage Act to consider the following matters:
- Updated Maintenance Schedule of Assessment for the Gorrell Drain.
- Realignment of the Robert Anderson Drain.
- Installation of a new access bridge over the Coulson Drain.
- Installation of new access bridges over the East Part of the West Part of the Reid Drain.
- Installation of a new access bridge over the Bailey Drain.
- Installation of a new access...
Leamington adds electric ice-resurfacing machine to its fleet
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2023 11:31 AM
A new zero-emission fully electric Zamboni hit the ice today at the Nature Fresh Farms Recreation Centre (NFFRC).
The electric Model 650 Zamboni, sponsored by Grossi Construction, replaces the previous gas-powered machine which operated at the NFFRC for 22 years.
When fully charged, the machine can complete approximately 25 ice resurfacings before requiring a recharge.
The new electric ice resurfacer is expected to reduce operating and maintenance costs and produce cleaner air for staff and visitors...
2023 dog tags available for purchase
Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2023 12:10 PM
Dog owners in Leamington are required to register their dog(s) by purchasing a dog tag each year. Not only is it a municipal by-law, but this simple process will also help reunite you with your pet if it is lost.
Dog tags are $20 up to and including March 31, 2023. On or after April 1, 2023, dog tag fees double to $40.
As part of the Municipality’s ongoing effort to modernize services and enhance customer service, dog tags can now be purchased online at leamington.ca/dogs.
Council Matters – January 10, 2023
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2023 03:33 PM
At the Leamington Council meeting held Tuesday, January 10, 2023, Council:
- Received a report regarding the Community Risk Assessment & Fire Services Master Plan Introduction and a presentation from The Loomex Group.
- Approved a contract with SQM Janitorial Services Inc. for janitorial services at various locations throughout the Municipality through December 31, 2025.
- Amended the Animal Control By-law to add the definitions of Boarding Kennel and Dog Kennel.
- Appointed Michael SexSmith, David Dick...
Leamington’s planning application and approval process moves online
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2023 02:23 PM
The Municipality of Leamington’s planning application and approval process has moved online to a cloud-based e-permitting system called Cloudpermit.
Through Cloudpermit, the planning application and approval processes are now managed electronically from application submission to final approval. This digital process benefits municipal employees and the community by improving efficiency and customer service with paperless, 24/7 access to applications outside municipal business hours.