Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2019 11:15 AM
Starting and running a business in Leamington just became easier thanks to BizPaL, an online business permit and licence service that saves time spent on paperwork and helps entrepreneurs start up faster.
The Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business and Export Promotion, and Mayor Hilda MacDonald are pleased to announce the implementation of BizPaL in the Municipality of Leamington.
This free online application is a directory of the permits and licences required to start or run a business. BizPaL...
Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2019 03:45 PM
At the Council meeting held on August 27, 2019, Council:
- Recognized the Leamington Junior Barons baseball team for their fourth consecutive Ontario Baseball Association win.
- Held a Public Meeting under the Planning Act. Council approved a consent application creating a surplus dwelling lot at 2011 Mersea Road 7; approved a Zoning By-law Amendment Application which changes the zoning of the severed lot; approved a Zoning By-law Amendment changing the zoning of the retained farm parcel which prohibits...
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2019 04:00 PM
Council will consider the following reports and matters at its upcoming Council meeting to be held on Tuesday, August 27, 2019:
- Award the 2019 and 2021 Biennial Bridge Condition Survey to Stantec Consulting Ltd. in the amount of $20,060 and $21,120 respectively (plus applicable taxes).
- Request to waive the Seacliff Amphitheatre fees for Noche Mexicana 2019 and for Guest Nations Festival.
- Confirm the Municipality’s participation in the Rental Housing Component of the Ontario Priorities...
Posted on Thursday, August 15, 2019 11:30 AM
Effective September 1, 2019, the Municipality of Leamington will no longer provide same-day service for issuing a marriage licence.
Applications for marriage licences will be accepted during regular office hours, Monday through Friday, with pick-ups to be scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
For more information, please visit www.leamington.ca/getmarried
Posted on Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:00 AM
At the Council meeting held on August 13, 2019, Council:
- Received a report regarding the East Marsh Breakwall updating Council on the progress of the revised Assessment Schedule. The revised assessment schedule is expected to be brought before Council for consideration in the fall, 2019.
- Received a report regarding the East Beach Road – New Petition Drain. Council received the petition under the Drainage Act and directed Administration to notify parties of the intention to proceed with the creation...