Posted on Monday, August 12, 2019 03:15 PM
The newly reinvented Leamington Library opened its doors to the public today at 1 John Street.
Mayor Hilda MacDonald welcomed guests including the Minister of Transportation Caroline Mulroney, MPP Rick Nicholls, Essex County Warden Gary McNamara, Library Board Chair Nelson Santos, and past and present library staff members to tour the facility.
The Leamington Library has been expanded to 9200 square feet and redesigned to be an inviting community space, equipped to offer residents the opportunity...
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2019 05:00 PM
Council will consider the following reports and matters at its upcoming Council meeting to be held on Tuesday, August 13, 2019:
- A report suggesting AECOM for engineering services regarding blower upgrades at the Leamington Pollution Control Centre
- A report regarding the purchase of a new 2-way radio and GPS vehicle tracking systems for dispatching services
- A Traffic Study report regarding Seacliff Drive East at Cherry Lane
- A request for a By-law to Regulate the Keeping of Pigeons
Posted on Wednesday, August 07, 2019 09:00 AM
At its July 23 meeting, Leamington Council voted unanimously in support of a resolution backing the construction of the new regional hospital, also known as the mega-hospital, at its proposed location on County Road 42.
The Municipality of Leamington and Erie Shores HealthCare (ESHC) want to assure Leamington residents that the construction of the new regional hospital is not a determining factor of the sustainability of ESHC (formerly known as the Leamington District Memorial Hospital).
Posted on Monday, July 29, 2019 02:00 PM
On Wednesday, July 31, 2019, the Essex County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Auxiliary Unit will be aiding Leamington residents requiring flooding assistance.
Members of the Essex County OPP Auxiliary Unit will be in attendance at the sandbag filling station located at 435 Bevel Line Road (Bayview Dog Park) to help fill and load sandbags into vehicles for those Leamington residents requiring assistance.
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2019 10:30 AM
At the Council meeting held on July 23, 2019, Council:
- Adopted the Engineer’s Report for the Changes in Assessment to the Silver Creek Drain, Silver Creek Drain – West Branch, Lebo Creek Drain – 7th Concession Road Branch and Lebo Creek Drain – Northwest Branch, prepared by Baird AE.
- Received a Traffic Impact Study from RC Spencer Associates Inc. regarding John Street, Erie Street North to Queens Avenue and approved John Street from Erie Street North to the Queens Avenue Parking Lot to be converted...