Posted on Friday, July 03, 2020 01:30 PM
It’s garage sale season in Leamington. If you are planning to host or visit a garage sale, it’s important to know the applicable rules and the measures you can take to stay safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
In Leamington, garage sales are regulated by By-law 629-05. Key points of the By-law include:
- A “garage sale” includes a yard sale and means any sale held inside or outside a building which includes the offering for sale of used household items
- Garage sales are only permitted in...
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2020 01:45 PM
Leamington Council met electronically on June 29, 2020 for a Special Council meeting to consider matters under the Planning Act, Council:
- ZBA No. 199: Approved rezoning 302 Sherk Street to Special Provision Residential Zone. There are currently five residential lots addressed as 22, 23, 25, 29 Parkdale Avenue and one vacant lot with no address. Access to the subject site will be provided from Sherk Street and the address of the development will be 302 Sherk Street. The amendment is to provide...
Posted on Friday, June 26, 2020 12:45 PM
A Special Council meeting to consider matters under the Planning Act will be held on June 29, 2020. Due to COVID-19, the meeting will be held in a virtual forum through electronic participation only. There will not be an in-person meeting. Those wishing to speak to an application are required to register with the Municipality by June 25, 2020 at noon. The following reports will be considered:
- ZBA No. 199: To consider rezoning 302 Sherk Street to Special Provision Residential Zone. There are...
Posted on Wednesday, June 24, 2020 04:15 PM
"Today, the province announced that parts of Windsor-Essex would advance to Stage 2 in their reopening plan. Unfortunately, Leamington and Kingsville remain in Stage 1 of the plan.
To say I am disappointed is an understatement. However, as case counts continue to rise due to outbreaks among workplaces in the agri-food sector, I understand why the decision was made.
Daily, local mobile teams comprised of staff from local hospitals, Ontario Health West Region, Erie St. Clair Local Health...
Posted on Tuesday, June 23, 2020 10:00 AM
Leamington Council met electronically on June 22, 2020 for a Special Council meeting to consider matters under the Planning Act, Council:
- ZBA No. 208 and Consent Application B-02-20: Granted provisional approval of Consent Application B-02-20 to create a surplus dwelling lot located at 1006 Mersea Road 5 subject to conditions. Council approved Zoning By-law Amendment Application #208 to change the zoning of the severed lot at 1006 Mersea Road 5 from Agricultural General Zone to site-specific...