Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2019 01:00 PM
Notice of Public Meeting - Proposed Road Closure
The Council of The Corporation of the Municipality of Leamington will be holding a Public Meeting to obtain input on the proposed closure of a westerly section of Parkdale Avenue. Anyone may appear in person, or be represented by an agent, to make comments at the Public Meeting to be held:
Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 6:00 PM
In the Council Chambers, 111 Erie Street North, Leamington
Persons unable to attend the Public Meeting may submit...
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2019 12:00 PM
At the meeting held April 23, 2019, Council:
- Received 2018 Annual Meeting minutes of the various drainage schemes and appointed scheme Commissioners and pump operators.
- Appointed Rood Engineering under the Drainage Act to prepare the necessary report to incorporate all culverts over municipal drains into a fair assessment schedule.
- Provided direction to Administration regarding the security deposit requirements for the Building Bridges Erie Shores development.
- Awarded the contract...
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2019 12:45 PM
At the Council meeting held on April 9, 2019, Council:
- Deferred a report with regard to establishing a Seniors Advisory Committee to allow additional time to seek input from a key stakeholder on the matter.
- Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to enter into an agreement with the Branding Loft to provide tourism branding, marketing, and graphic design service.
- Directed Administration to schedule a public meeting to receive comments from residents with respect to the request to close a portion of Parkdale Avenue...
Posted on Friday, April 05, 2019 01:30 PM
Leamington’s Mayor Hilda MacDonald will serve as a key municipal leader in the province with her appointment to the Board of Directors of the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO).
Representing almost all of Ontario’s 444 municipalities, AMO supports strong and effective municipal government in Ontario and promotes the value of municipal government as a vital and essential component of Ontario and Canada’s political system.
In her role representing the small urban caucus, Mayor MacDonald will...
Posted on Wednesday, March 27, 2019 04:45 PM
Coming off the success of Leamington’s Art in the Parkette and the Holiday Night Market, organizers are excited to extend these events to the community throughout the year.
Leamington’s newly reinvented Mill Street West will set the stage for a series of night markets held once monthly from May through November. The Mill St. Night Market will feature delicious street food, handcrafted items, vintage clothing and antiques, craft beer and cocktails, local wine and music.
Hosted by the Municipality...