Posted on Friday, April 05, 2019 01:30 PM
Leamington’s Mayor Hilda MacDonald will serve as a key municipal leader in the province with her appointment to the Board of Directors of the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO).
Representing almost all of Ontario’s 444 municipalities, AMO supports strong and effective municipal government in Ontario and promotes the value of municipal government as a vital and essential component of Ontario and Canada’s political system.
In her role representing the small urban caucus, Mayor MacDonald will...
Posted on Wednesday, March 27, 2019 04:45 PM
Coming off the success of Leamington’s Art in the Parkette and the Holiday Night Market, organizers are excited to extend these events to the community throughout the year.
Leamington’s newly reinvented Mill Street West will set the stage for a series of night markets held once monthly from May through November. The Mill St. Night Market will feature delicious street food, handcrafted items, vintage clothing and antiques, craft beer and cocktails, local wine and music.
Hosted by the Municipality...
Posted on Wednesday, March 27, 2019 11:15 AM
At the Council meeting held on March 26, 2019, Council:
- Received a presentation by Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) regarding the County Campaign - 911 Program;
- Approved a grant of in-kind services to the Leamington Triathlon Weekend and Southern Footprints for fencing at the events;
- Awarded a maintenance tender project for Sloan Drain & Branches;
- Authorized the purchase and entered into a lease for multi-function copiers;
- Awarded a tender for Coronation Sewer Separation...
Posted on Monday, March 25, 2019 09:15 AM
Council will consider the following matters at its upcoming Council meeting to be held on Tuesday, March 26, 2019:
- Receive a presentation by Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) regarding the County Campaign - 911 Program;
- Receive a presentation from Leamington Triathlon Weekend and Southern Footprints asking Council to consider waiving fencing fees;
- Award a maintenance tender project for Sloan Drain & Branches;
- Award a tender for Coronation Sewer Separation program;
- Receive 2018...
Posted on Thursday, March 21, 2019 10:00 AM
The Mayor of the Municipality of Leamington is aiming to increase the direct engagement and connection with Leamington residents outside of Council meetings and other official events. To do that, Mayor Hilda MacDonald will be hosting coffee with the Mayor events throughout the year.
These “Coffee Chats” will provide Leamington residents and Mayor MacDonald an opportunity to have one-on-one conversations in a relaxed and informal setting.
“The casual atmosphere and great coffee are a perfect combination...