Mayor MacDonald to host Coffee Chat at the Leamington Library
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2019 07:30 AM
Mayor Hilda MacDonald will host her next Coffee Chat on Saturday, September 21, 2019 from 10:30 AM to 11:45 AM at the newly reinvented Leamington Library.
Take this opportunity to check out the modernized library and have a one-on-one conversation with Mayor MacDonald over a cup of coffee in a relaxed and comfortable setting.
If you would like to discuss issues, share ideas, ask questions, or connect in a friendly, casual environment, please stop by.
This event is free to attend and all are welcome.
Council Matters - September 10, 2019
Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2019 11:00 AM
At the Council meeting held on September 10, 2019, Council:
- Held a public meeting and approved repairs to the McCracken Drain as it has backed up and caused flooding and large sink holes.
- Held a public meeting and approved improvements to the Judson Morse Drain – Lower Portion to enclose portions of the Drain to accommodate redevelopment and expansion of the existing greenhouse farm.
- Approved the changes in assessment prepared by Baird AE for the Hooker Drain – Highway 77 Branch, 636 Mersea Road 8 that...
Leamington Launches BizPaL, Strengthening Local Businesses
Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2019 11:15 AM
Starting and running a business in Leamington just became easier thanks to BizPaL, an online business permit and licence service that saves time spent on paperwork and helps entrepreneurs start up faster.
The Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business and Export Promotion, and Mayor Hilda MacDonald are pleased to announce the implementation of BizPaL in the Municipality of Leamington.
This free online application is a directory of the permits and licences required to start or run a business. BizPaL...
Council Matters - August 27, 2019
Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2019 03:45 PM
At the Council meeting held on August 27, 2019, Council:
- Recognized the Leamington Junior Barons baseball team for their fourth consecutive Ontario Baseball Association win.
- Held a Public Meeting under the Planning Act. Council approved a consent application creating a surplus dwelling lot at 2011 Mersea Road 7; approved a Zoning By-law Amendment Application which changes the zoning of the severed lot; approved a Zoning By-law Amendment changing the zoning of the retained farm parcel which prohibits...
Council Considers - August 27, 2019
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2019 04:00 PM
Council will consider the following reports and matters at its upcoming Council meeting to be held on Tuesday, August 27, 2019:
- Award the 2019 and 2021 Biennial Bridge Condition Survey to Stantec Consulting Ltd. in the amount of $20,060 and $21,120 respectively (plus applicable taxes).
- Request to waive the Seacliff Amphitheatre fees for Noche Mexicana 2019 and for Guest Nations Festival.
- Confirm the Municipality’s participation in the Rental Housing Component of the Ontario Priorities Housing...