Public Notice – No Same-Day Service for Marriage Licences
Posted on Thursday, August 15, 2019 11:30 AM
Effective September 1, 2019, the Municipality of Leamington will no longer provide same-day service for issuing a marriage licence.
Applications for marriage licences will be accepted during regular office hours, Monday through Friday, with pick-ups to be scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
For more information, please visit www.leamington.ca/getmarried
Council Matters - August 13, 2019
Posted on Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:00 AM
At the Council meeting held on August 13, 2019, Council:
- Received a report regarding the East Marsh Breakwall updating Council on the progress of the revised Assessment Schedule. The revised assessment schedule is expected to be brought before Council for consideration in the fall, 2019.
- Received a report regarding the East Beach Road – New Petition Drain. Council received the petition under the Drainage Act and directed Administration to notify parties of the intention to proceed with the creation...
Newly Reinvented Leamington Library Opens to the Public
Posted on Monday, August 12, 2019 03:15 PM
The newly reinvented Leamington Library opened its doors to the public today at 1 John Street.
Mayor Hilda MacDonald welcomed guests including the Minister of Transportation Caroline Mulroney, MPP Rick Nicholls, Essex County Warden Gary McNamara, Library Board Chair Nelson Santos, and past and present library staff members to tour the facility.
The Leamington Library has been expanded to 9200 square feet and redesigned to be an inviting community space, equipped to offer residents the opportunity...
Council Considers - August 13, 2019
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2019 05:00 PM
Council will consider the following reports and matters at its upcoming Council meeting to be held on Tuesday, August 13, 2019:
- A report suggesting AECOM for engineering services regarding blower upgrades at the Leamington Pollution Control Centre
- A report regarding the purchase of a new 2-way radio and GPS vehicle tracking systems for dispatching services
- A Traffic Study report regarding Seacliff Drive East at Cherry Lane
- A request for a By-law to Regulate the Keeping of Pigeons
- An update to...
Municipality of Leamington and Erie Shores HealthCare Support Construction of New Regional Hospital
Posted on Wednesday, August 07, 2019 09:00 AM
At its July 23 meeting, Leamington Council voted unanimously in support of a resolution backing the construction of the new regional hospital, also known as the mega-hospital, at its proposed location on County Road 42.
The Municipality of Leamington and Erie Shores HealthCare (ESHC) want to assure Leamington residents that the construction of the new regional hospital is not a determining factor of the sustainability of ESHC (formerly known as the Leamington District Memorial Hospital).