OPP Auxiliary Unit Offering Sandbag Assistance in Leamington
Posted on Monday, July 29, 2019 02:00 PM
On Wednesday, July 31, 2019, the Essex County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Auxiliary Unit will be aiding Leamington residents requiring flooding assistance.
Members of the Essex County OPP Auxiliary Unit will be in attendance at the sandbag filling station located at 435 Bevel Line Road (Bayview Dog Park) to help fill and load sandbags into vehicles for those Leamington residents requiring assistance.
Council Matters - July 23, 2019
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2019 10:30 AM
At the Council meeting held on July 23, 2019, Council:
- Adopted the Engineer’s Report for the Changes in Assessment to the Silver Creek Drain, Silver Creek Drain – West Branch, Lebo Creek Drain – 7th Concession Road Branch and Lebo Creek Drain – Northwest Branch, prepared by Baird AE.
- Received a Traffic Impact Study from RC Spencer Associates Inc. regarding John Street, Erie Street North to Queens Avenue and approved John Street from Erie Street North to the Queens Avenue Parking Lot to be converted to...
Mayor MacDonald Kicks Off Reinvent This Space Competition
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2019 10:30 AM
The Municipality of Leamington successfully launched the Reinvent This Space competition today, challenging aspiring entrepreneurs to submit their ideas for starting a business in Uptown Leamington with the chance to win free rent for a year.
Potential entrepreneurs are invited to submit a brief video pitch outlining their idea. Along with Mayor Hilda MacDonald, a panel of local business leaders will review proposals and select a shortlist of finalists. The finalists will receive in-depth mentoring...
Council Considers - July 23, 2019
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2019 10:15 AM
Council will consider the following reports and matters at its upcoming Council meeting to be held on Tuesday, July 23, 2019:
- A report considering a reduction to the setbacks from sensitive use areas for cannabis retail store locations
- Consider the Traffic Impact Study for John Street (from Erie Street North to Queens Avenue Parking lot) and converting John Street to a one-way westbound street
- A report regarding the contract extension of the Fire Prevention Officer
- A review of Police Services and...
Council Matters - July 9, 2019
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2019 04:30 PM
At the Council meeting held on July 9, 2019, Council:
- Approved the 2018 Audited Financial Statements and the 2018 Year End Variance. Council also appointed Hicks, MacPherson, Iatonna & Driedger LLP as the external auditors for fiscal 2019.
- Adopted H-09 – Recruitment and Compensation for Part Time Employees. This created the new position of Marina Maintenance Attendant, added the existing position of Parks Attendant, and increased the Seasonal Labourer wage rate by $2.00 per hour.
- Discussed the quality...